IMO the best way to make a good first impression is to bake something. There’s nothing better than sharing a piece of homemade love. Even something simple like my sugar free almond bark does the trick. A few of my teammates are vegan so I always like to make something that everyone can enjoy. Tested and approved by lovers of all sweets (whether you’re vegan or not), these cookies can prepared the night before and keep refrigerated for up to 48 hours. Or enjoy them as cookie dough with a little coconut milk ice cream. More of my vegan cookies here!
Vegan Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or sugar of choice)
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups (9 oz.) almond flour
- 1 cup (6 oz.) chopped dark chocolate (I make my own to keep it vegan)
- sea salt to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Step 1 Beat together the coconut oil and coconut sugar until smooth.
- Step 2 Mix together water and flax meal.
- Step 3 Add the flax meal mixture and vanilla to oil/sugar and mix until smooth.
- Step 4 Add the almond flour, salt, and baking soda to the wet ingredients.
- Step 5 Fold in the chopped chocolate.
- Step 6 Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour (can prepare up to 48 hours ahead of time).
- Step 7 When you’re ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Step 8 Use a spoon to form cookies and place on a parchment lined baking sheet, press down slightly.
- Step 9 Sprinkle with sea salt if desired.
- Step 10 Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or when golden brown around the edges.