I love baking or cooking with in season fruits and vegetables. Persimmons have now filled the stands here in Istanbul and I’ve been testing recipes with these bad boys. Saute or broil persimmons and they give the flavor of apple. Pre practice snack or post holiday dinner dessert, this will fix any cravings without the food coma! Check out more of my snacks here including my coconut cinnamon sweet potato fries!
Five Minute Apple Pie
- 1 persimmon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Wildway Apple Cinnamon Granola
- Coconut Flakes
- Step 1 Melt coconut oil over medium heat in pan
- Step 2 Slice persimmon and add to heated pan
- Step 3 Top with cinnamon
- Step 4 Cook for 3-5 minutes stirring occasionally
- Step 5 Pour into 2 bowls and add your toppings
- Step 6 Enjoy!